One-size-fits-all doesn’t apply to luggage – or your travel insurance. Choosing the coverage that best matches your needs can help ensure you have a trip where your biggest worry is which level of sunscreen to use. Here are the top three key considerations to keep in mind when choosing a plan.
Did you know that more than half of travel insurance claims are related to trip cancellation? According to a recent article in Forbes Magazine, data shows the top claims are for:
• Trip cancellation
• Medical expenses for emergency illness and injury
• Reimbursement of certain trip costs if a trip is interrupted
• Reimbursement of certain costs if a trip is delayed It’s no surprise that trip cancellation tops the list.
Depending on what type of trip you’re taking, how long you’re going for, and the people you may be travelling with, there is likely a plan that’s right for you. Manulife, for example, offers:
• Emergency Medical
• Baggage Loss, Damage & Delay
• Trip Cancellation & Interruption
• And more
Even if you have travel insurance with your credit cards or work group plan, there could be gaps. Review the details to spot any exclusions or restrictions that may require you to top up your coverage.
Once you have a plan in place, read your policy in full so you know exactly what’s covered – especially if you’re into adventure travel, like rock climbing or parachuting, which may not be covered. Get a substantial limit if needed.
Islands & Villas is proud to be affiliated with Manulife to protect our clients' investments in travel.
Travel Insurance Claims must be submitted by the traveling client via the ACM Portal. It's easy to submit online!
1. Create an account online at https://manulife.acmtravel.ca/accounts/login
2. Start a new claim and complete the online claim form
3. Submit your claim